Following the announcement from the Government on Monday 4th January 2021 regarding a third national lockdown, we would like to reassure you that St. Michael’s Clinic will remain open as a medical facility to provide clinically led consultations and treatment. However we are unable to provide certain aesthetic treatments at this time. If you have an outstanding aesthetic booking you will be contacted if it needs to be re-scheduled and if you wish to book a new aesthetic appointment, the next available appointments will be from the end of February.
We understand that despite the ongoing pandemic, dermatological conditions such as severe acne, eczema and skin cancer will still occur and will still need urgent treatment, so medical appointments will continue as normal. As we are a clinically led facility, we are able to continue to provide our full range of medical services in a Care Quality Commission approved safe environment. You will be contacted directly if there are any changes to your appointment.
We understand many of you may still have concerns about the current outbreak of Covid-19 and we are continuing to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and infection control within our clinics. We have taken the following steps to ensure we keep our staff and patients healthy in the coming months:
- All patients must wear face coverings at all times while inside the clinic and only remove at the request of your clinician.
- Any staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will not come to work.
- All patients will be asked a series of COVID screening questions prior to their appointment.
- We ask patients who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms to rearrange their appointment.
- We ask all patients not to arrive at the clinics early for their appointment as we are limiting waiting room numbers.
- All patients will have their temperature checked on entry.
- All patients will be encouraged to use anti-bacterial handwash on entry and exit of the clinic.
- All consultation & treatment rooms will be prepared prior to your appointment.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of the building, including door handles.
- Staff will be wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We have put in place social distancing measures throughout our clinics, where possible.
Back in March, we introduced telephone consultations as a means to attend your appointment without visiting the clinic in person. Due to the success of these telephone consultations and in light of the positive feedback we received, we will be continuing to offer these appointments to those who are still unable to attend the clinic in person or who would feel more comfortable to have their consultation virtually. If you wish to have a telephone consultation, please let us know you would like your consultation to be via a phone call.
If you have any concerns or questions, please email us on [email protected]
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
St. Michael’s Clinic
If you would like to speak to us, fill in the form or call us on 01743 590010.
Why choose St. Michael's Clinic?
Here at St. Michael's Clinic, Shrewsbury's leading private skin and laser treatment clinic, our experts are specialists in all aspects of dermatology, skin cancer, anti-ageing and beauty treatments. We are able to offer NHS patients a consultant led dermatology service from our three sites in Shrewsbury, Much Wenlock and Donnington (Telford).
St. Michael's Clinic is regulated by the Care Quality Commission, ensuring the best level of treatment is provided to you in a safe environment. Our Clinical Lead Dr Stephen Murdoch is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists, the British Laser Medical Association and the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. We are part of the Dermatology Partnership, a leading group of dermatology clinics, defined by clinical excellence and focusing on leading dermatological care.