Following the announcement from the Government on Saturday 31st October 2020 regarding a second national lockdown which comes into force from Thursday 5th November, we would like to reassure you that St. Michael’s Clinic will remain fully open to provide clinically led dermatology services.
We understand that despite the ongoing pandemic, dermatological conditions such as severe acne, eczema and skin cancer will still occur and will still need urgent treatment, so appointments will continue as normal. As we are a clinically led facility, we are also able to continue to provide our full range of services in a care quality commission approved safe environment.
We understand many of you may still have concerns about the current outbreak of Covid-19 and we are continuing to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and infection control within our clinics. We have taken the following steps to ensure we keep our staff and patients healthy in the coming months:
- All patients must wear face coverings at all times while inside the clinic and only remove at the request of your clinician.
- Any staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will not come to work.
- All patients will continue to receive a COVID screening questionnaire. We ask patients who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms to rearrange their appointment.
- We ask all patients not to arrive at the clinics early for their appointment as we are limiting waiting room numbers.
- All patients will have their temperature checked on entry, if it is above 37.8C you will be advised to return home, follow government guidelines and rearrange your appointment.
- All patients will be encouraged to use anti-bacterial handwash on entry and exit of the clinic
- All consultation & treatment rooms will be prepared prior to your appointment. We have also increased the frequency of cleaning of the building, including door handles.
- Staff will be wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We have put in place social distancing measures throughout our clinics, where possible.
Back in March, we introduced virtual consultations as a means to attend your appointment without visiting the clinic in person. Due to the success of these virtual consultations and in light of the positive feedback we received, we will be continuing to offer them to those who are still unable to attend the clinic in person. Please book an appointment as normal and let us know you would like to book a virtual consultation.
If you wish to book an appointment with us or have any concerns or questions, please give us a call on 01743 590 010, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time and we look forward to welcoming you through our clinic doors.
St. Michael’s Clinic
If you would like to speak to us, fill in the form or call us on 01743 590010.
St. Michael's Clinic
St. Michael's Street
Telephone: 01743 590010
Fax: 01743 590017
Why choose St. Michael's Clinic?
Here at St. Michael's Clinic, Shrewsbury's leading private skin and laser treatment clinic, our experts are specialists in all aspects of dermatology, skin cancer, anti-ageing and beauty treatments. We are able to offer NHS patients a consultant led dermatology service from our three sites in Shrewsbury, Much Wenlock and Donnington (Telford).
St. Michael's Clinic is regulated by the Care Quality Commission, ensuring the best level of treatment is provided to you in a safe environment. Our Clinical Lead Dr Stephen Murdoch is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists, the British Laser Medical Association and the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. We are part of the Dermatology Partnership, a leading group of dermatology clinics, defined by clinical excellence and focusing on leading dermatological care.